So, I realize I've been away from the blog for a while, but we really enjoyed vacation last week and I think all of us were sad to leave :( St. George is such a beautiful place and holds some of my most favorite memories...It is where I first saw a real, live dolphin at the age of seven. Even this year, as I sat in the shade of an umbrella with my feet buried deep in the sand, I grew extremely excited to see that glimmer of an oily black fin cresting in the waves. Ahh...that's why I love the island so much. When I feel the stresses of daily life drowning out my sensibilities, I think about St. George and it's unending peacefulness. I can almost hear the laughter of my sisters and my cousins from all those years ago, terrorizing crabs on the shore after dark with our flashlights and nets. Running up and down the coastline with a net and a head lamp is one of the most exhilirating feelings in the world. For those of you who have been to our happy place, I know you can relate. For those that haven't, I wish you could. And although a twinge of sadness tugged at my soul when we left last Sunday, I was only able to think about my most favorite moment of vacation. It's that first sight of the ocean that gets me. Peeking through the trees ahead as we drive down Highway 98, the gulf reaches out and wraps its' salty arms around me on the drive in. And for a week...hopefully next year, two...I breathe a little deeper and sleep a little easier.
Here are some pictures from the week!
Love the pictures! Drew enjoyed his lunch with "Mig" :)
ReplyDelete