A side story about the cake: At Casey's baby shower, there were little petit fours with booties on top as part of the food fare. As I bit into one, the hostess said, "Those are from Cecilia's in Athens!" I turned around to the tower of deliciousness and tried every single flavor just because I knew she'd be making my cake! (And another reason I'm in the middle of a Wedding Boot Camp fitness routine.)
But, the ONE THING that we cannot find is reception entertainment. I think we waited a little too long to start the hunt. When you hail from a family of school teachers, everyone has one mentality: Let's just make it to summer break. Well, that strategy isn't working for our entertainment booking. We've been in contact with three fantastic bands and all of them are booked. But, they've been very kind to let me know that if I wanted to change my date to another Saturday in October, they would be GLAD to play at my reception. I mean, neat. So, if anyone has ANY suggestion for a band that plays a great variety, please let me know! If it comes down to it, we'll have to pick out a talented DJ, but even those seem to be limited.
Did you not like the band I recommended?
ReplyDelete